With Stanford's Poll Everywhere license, Stanford faculty, staff and students have a powerful web-based, smart device and SMS text-friendly audience response system at their fingertips that can support interactive classroom instruction and real-time student engagement.
Instructors: Access your free Stanford Poll Everywhere account
(If you do not have an instructor account to make and run polls, you can request one here. Students do not need an instructor account to take polls. See the FAQs at the end of this page.)
What can you do with Poll Everywhere?
- Conduct instant polls
- Run Q&As
- Help assess student understanding of class material
- Use anonymity during discussions
- Create word clouds that weight audience responses
- Check attendance or conduct live, graded quizzes
- Share polls with Stanford colleagues
No need for physical clickers or other clumsy equipment! With this web-based tool, activities can be designed through a simple interface and embedded directly into PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides presentations. You can easily generate reports on the collected responses, and even export responses directly into Canvas.
- Online Student Engagement E-Book Best Practices for enhancing online learning with Poll Everywhere
- Getting Started User Guides for students, presenters, and instructors
- Download Poll Everywhere apps for embedding activities in Powerpoint, Keynote, and Google Slides
- Shared Activities User Guide – share your activities with other users
- Team Moderation [pdf; 155k]
- Create and manage activities
- Video tutorials
- Connect Poll Everywhere with Canvas
- Poll Everywhere App Release Notes: Windows | MacOS
How do I access my Stanford Poll Everywhere account?
Go to Pollev.stanford.edu and log in with your SUNet credentials to access your free account. Or enter your SUNet email address at Polleverywhere.com and click Log in with Stanford to enter through the SUNet portal.
Are there any limitations to my account?
Staff and faculty automatically receive a full instructor account and can create an unlimited number of poll activities with unlimited respondents/responses.
Students, including TAs, graduate students, and postdocs, receive a participant account by default and cannot create or administer polls. Participant accounts can be upgraded to instructor accounts upon request. Contact AcademicTechnology@stanford.edu for assistance.
Can anyone respond to my poll activities?
Yes. Respondents do not need to have an account or be part of Stanford to respond to a poll activity.
Students should register as participants for Poll Everywhere at pollev.stanford.edu. They respond to polls at pollev.com, which will also register their participant account if the poll is restricted and requires a login.
Can I share my poll activities with others?
Yes. You can share poll activities with others who are in the same Poll Everywhere team. Teammates can view, activate, and generate results reports on any shared poll activity. Our staff will set up a Poll Everywhere team for you. Contact AcademicTechnology@stanford.edu for assistance.
What are some best practices for using Poll Everywhere?
Poll Everywhere is an adaptable tool that is well-suited to engaging audiences in active learning, gathering formative feedback, and much more. Our staff will work with you to effectively integrate Poll Everywhere into your teaching practice or for your work needs. Contact AcademicTechnology@stanford.edu to schedule a consultation.
Contact us at any time to:
- Upgrade a student account
- Set up a team for sharing activities
- Schedule a consultation
- Get advice on pedagogic best practices
- Get help with technical issues
Center for Teaching and Learning
Academic Technology Solutions
408 Panama Mall, Room 117